Clerk of Courts Menu
Auto Title Questions
Auto Title Search
Local Court Rules
Public Records Request
Online Record Search
Please be aware that the Clerk of Court is only the record-keeper; we do not take payment for the amount of tax owed. Contact the Ohio Attorney General’s Office to make arrangements for a payment plan; their number(s) are as follows:
The State of Ohio uses the offices of the 88 county clerks to record, file and maintain tax liens. Costs are incurred with filing, paperwork, computerization, etc. These fees are set by the Ohio Revised Code.
The Clerk of Court is the agency charged with receiving and accepting the filing of state tax liens. You will need to contact the Ohio Department of Taxation to address this issue.
IF YOU PAID THE DEBT TO THE STATE:
1) Call our office at (740) 432-9230 and request the amount due releasing the lien.
2) If you choose to visit our office and personally manage this legal matter, please come to the main floor of the Courthouse at 801 Wheeling Avenue, Cambridge, Ohio room D-205.
3) Bring cash, check, money order or credit/debit card and the State’s letter to you.
4) If you wish to mail in a copy of the letter along with your payment, please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Guernsey County Clerk of Courts
801 Wheeling Avenue – Room D-205
Cambridge, Ohio 43725
TO RELEASE JUDGMENT LIENS:
1) A Satisfaction of Judgment Entry (signed by the Judge) must be obtained from the Court that granted the Judgment. (i.e. Municipal Court, Common Pleas, etc.)
2) Present the Satisfaction of Judgment along with $5.00 filing fee and any copies you would like returned to you.
You have 28 days from the date you signed for the certified mail informing you of the complaint to file a response.