Effective Monday, June 1st, the following revised visitor policy will be in place at the Guernsey County Administration Building.
- While visitors are encouraged to wear masks, it is not mandatory.
- The county maintenance staff has installed Plexiglas® sneeze guards at office counters used by the general public.
- All county offices are accessible to the public. Some offices, in order to accommodate social distancing, will allow only one visitor at a time. For that reason, visitors are encouraged to call ahead to make an appointment.
- Documents for any Administration Building office may continue to be dropped off at the Treasurer’s Office drive-up window or inside the main entrance at the Visitors and Convention Bureau window.
Here is a list of Administration Building office phone numbers:
- Auditor (Bookkeeping): (740) 432-9240
- Auditor (Real Estate): (740) 432-9243
- Board of Elections: (740) 432-2680
- Commissioners: (740) 432-9200
- Emergency Management Agency: (740) 432-9292
- Map Department: (740) 432-9277
- Recorder: (740) 432-9275
- Treasurer: (740) 432-9278
- Veterans Services: (740) 432-9295
- Visitors and Convention Bureau: (740) 432-2022
The county will continue to retain temporary employees, one each at the Courthouse, Sheriff’s Office and the Administration Building, for the purpose of disinfecting commonly used surfaces such as door handles, railings, countertops, public keyboards and light switches, among others.