A Resolution in support of the Federal and State Emergency Declarations regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Board of Commissioners, Guernsey County Ohio met in special session on March 19, 2020 at the office of the Board with the following members present:
Ernest R. Gardner, Jr. Ronald D. Gombeda David L. Wilson
Commissioner Gardner moved for the adoption of the following Resolution:
WHEREAS, Guernsey County, Ohio is under the immediate threat of the COVID-19 Virus, also known as the Coronavirus, which has been declared a pandemic as determined by the World Health Organization, the United States Centers for Disease Control, the Ohio Department of Health and the Cambridge-Guernsey County Health Department, and
WHEREAS, States of Emergency have been declared by both the President of the United States and the Governor of the State of Ohio,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Commissioners of Guernsey County, Ohio:
1. That we hereby invoke and declare those portions of the Ohio Revised Code which are applicable to the causes and conditions that have resulted in the Federal and State Emergency Declarations and, therefore, this resolution, to be in full force and effect for Guernsey County for the exercise of all necessary emergency authority for the protection of lives and property of the citizens of Guernsey County and the continuation of local government with a minimum of interruption.
2. That reference is hereby made to all appropriate laws, statutes, ordinances, and resolutions and particularly to Section 5502 of the Ohio Revised Code.
3. That all public offices and employees of Guernsey County, Ohio are hereby directed to exercise the utmost diligence in the discharge of duties required of them for the duration of the declared emergency and in the execution of laws, regulations, and Federal, State and local directives.
4. That all City, Village, and Township offices and employees within Guernsey County are hereby requested to assist any and all Guernsey County public offices and employees in the discharge of their duties in response to the declared emergency.
5. That all citizens of Guernsey County, Ohio are hereby called upon and directed to comply with necessary measures to cooperate with public officials in the execution of operations plans, and to obey and comply with the lawful directions of properly identified officials.
6. All operating forces are requested to direct their communications and requests for assistance in operations to the Guernsey County Emergency Management Agency.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this resolution is declared to go into immediate effect for the preservation of the public safety, health and welfare of the citizens of Guernsey County.
Commissioner Gombeda seconded the Resolution with Commissioners Gardner, Gombeda and Wilson voting in favor of passage.
ADOPTED on this 19th day of March, 2020